Monday, March 3, 2008

My Journey "Out West"

I went to visit my family this weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us take up space in your home! On Saturday, Jaron and I ran a load of cows out to Miller Meadows with my dad so that they can range for the rest of the year until fall. There is something very spiritual about this region to me... a sacred place if you will. I took some pictures that I thought were pretty cool. There was still a ton of snow and water which is awesome considering the prolonged drought we've been mired in. Without further ado here are a few of my favorites:

ladies and gentlemen... the mighty Colorado River!
Desert life-giver
evidence

3 comments:

Amy said...

loved this! very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Jake, you've always been entertaining to me. I enjoy how you phrase and
word things, you can convince the biggest of skeptics (me being one of
them). I'm glad you've found your
dream occupation! I have always loved your positive attitude and your
unique way of looking on the bright
side of any doom and gloom situation.
KEEP SMILING SON!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, "OUT WEST IS THE PLACE I LOVE THE MOST." Hard to believe there is water there and looks good. Good Family Memories made there!