Monday, February 18, 2008

Mac & Cheese

I knew my blog would be random but.....

There is a product I'm sure you are all familiar with. It's called Easy Mac. The principle is simple right, you throw the contents in a bowl and nuke it for about 4 minutes. Well, I managed to screw up this beautiful yellow delicacy, proving that maybe I am not "smarter than a fifth grader". Allow me to explain. This is what a bowl of mac and cheese should ideally look like.

mmm... delicious

And here is what I had for lunch today...

Not quite as Cheestastic looking is it


Boys and girls, let this be a lesson to all of us. Two lessons actually. The first is that things may not always seem as the appear. The other - always follow directions. I simply added everything all at once before throwing it in the microwave for 4 minutes. I haven't made mac in the microwave in a while and didn't know you weren't supposed to add the powdered cheese sauce until after the noodles and water came out. It still tasted the same, but it all just seemed wrong as I shoveled the yellow goop into my mouth.

2 comments:

Amy said...

your mac & cheese looks pretty sick Jake! Lesson learned...

Amy said...

p.s. what's Jess's blog address? thanks!