Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back From the Dead I Come

Hello family, friends, and strangers. I have left my blogging post vacant for far too long. I really don't want that to happen again. My life has been like a milk-chocolate carousel ride in Willy Wonka's factory while being stuffed to the brim with Ho-Hos. Work is busy, family is busy, and I'm trying my best to make time for the things that are important to me like videogam.... err I mean family. In all honesty I haven't even been able to play games for more than a couple hours a week. I hate growing up! ):

I got back from my trip to Logan over the 4th of July. I rode the hog up and back and for the most part it was a good ride. My wife is staying up there with her sister for a couple of weeks so I was riding alone. I definitely put my bike through its paces on this trip. From badly overheating it in stop and go freeway traffic through Ogden (not to mention 100+ degree temperatures), to choking it for oxygen at 10,000 feet en route to Bear Lake, and finally riding into the teeth of a monster named thunderstorm/hurricane on a lonely stretch of road between Delta and Milford, it was definitely interesting to see how it performed. Overall I'd give it 4 stars out of 5. I'm getting it looked at this week. Something is definitely a little out of whack with the calibration.

There were some great moments captured on my trip to Logan. I will dispense them now:

Jessica's Niece Brooklyn at the parade. Popsicles were definitely in style.

Me looking rather dapper - kinda

Dad's pride and joy - Jaron

What a fox! Oh that's right, I married that girl.

Dad's little princess... pulling a face - Carmendee. I miss them all so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son,

Your a lucky man, what a beautiful
wife and adorable kids, and I'm not
prejudice either, it's the truth!
Oh, and your not to bad yourself.

LOVE YA, mom

Jess said...

It was nice having you up in Logan with us for part of our trip! We miss you and will see you soon. Love ya!

Amy said...

Jake, only a few more video game parties to go and your fam will be home. LIVE IT UP BABY!

p.s. no more passing germs to each other. this is an official declaration! ;)

Lisa said...

It was too bad you couldn't have stayed longer! We had a great time... and I just have to say, you really do have the cutest kids ever! ;) It was so fun having them stay at our house.